1/13/2016

Fancy dress party for small kids - my hand-made costumes


For the carneval season, I prefer to prepare the costumes for my kids, especially when they are small. I believe, when they are really small, the costume has to be as convenient and easy to wear as possible. And my children normally ask for costumes you do not find in the shops, or at least not in their sizes. This is my collection I have prepared during the last few years.





Little bee costume:
I made this one for my son when he was only 2 years old. I used one of my husband's t-shirts, cut the sleeves and the body to the kid's size and sew it by hand. Finally, I cut stripes from yellow fleece and glued them on the t-shirt. I cut the wings from grey carton and fixed them on strips cut from the black material. I found the cap in a shop, so that is the only element I bought.





Doctor costume:
My daughter received a doctor's kit for Christmas and never stopped playing with it. So it was quite obvious that she will be a little doctor at the kindergarten carneval. I prepared this easy robe from some remaining curtain pieces.


  
Fireman:

On this costume, I did not work too much. I bought the accessories, but could not find a coat in his size. Finally, I bought a second-hand raincoat and glue illuminating stripes on it.



Pirate:
Again, this west was made of an old t-shirt. I cut the neck, the bottom and the sleeves and made it a tighter on the sides. Then I simply cut the bottom several times. I made the eye cover from a mask I got on an airplane.


 


Polar bear:
This is the latest one I've just got ready with. My daughter wants to be a polar bear this year, but I could not find a costume in her size, so made it myself.  I used an old pyjama, cut its feet and then sew the fluffy material on the body, arms and legs. Deliberately, I did not want to cover the whole body with the fluffy material, in order not to make it too warm. Finally, I saw the cap also myself.



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment